1. θέλει ὁ τυφλὸς ἐξελθεῖν ἀπὸ τῆς πόλεως θεραπευθῆναι
ὑπὸ τοῦ διδασκάλου.
The blind man wanted to go out from the city to be healed by the teacher.
2. τῶν τέκνων ἐν τῷ ἱερῷ κραζόντων ὁ λαὸς οὐ δύναται ἀκοῦσαι
The children are shouting in the temple and the people cannot hear the scriptures.
3. οἱ ἁμαρτωλοὶ ᾐτήσαντο τοὺς μαθητὰς ἀπελθεῖν ἀπὸ τῆς
The sinners asked the disciples to go away from their village.
4. ἀπελθόντες εἰς τὰς κώμας οἱ ὄχλοι ἠγόρασαν ἑαυτοῖς
The crowds went away to the villages and bought bread for themselves.
5. ὀφείλω προσενεγκεῖν τῇ μητρί τῆς γυναῖκός μου ὕδωρ
I must bring my mother-in-law water to drink.
6. ἐν τῇ ἀρχῇ τῶν ἐσχάτων ἡμερῶν ὄψεσθε τὸν τοῦ θανάτου
In the beginning of the last days you will see the angel of death.
7. κακοὶ ἄνθρωποι τὸν ἀπόστολον ἐκέβαλον ἐκ τῆς συναγωγῆς.
Bad people threw the apostle out of the gathering.
8. κακόν ἐστιν λαβεῖν παιδίον ἀπὸ τοῦ οἴκου τῆς μητρὸς
It is a bad thing to take a child from its mother's house.
9. ἐργαζόμεθα τὸ ἀγαθὸν ὄντες τέκνα τῆς βασιλείας τοῦ
Being children of God's kingdom, we do what is good.
10. ὁ αδελφὸς τῆς γυναῖκός μου οὐ πάλιν ὑποστρέψει εἰς
τὸν οἶκον ἡμῶν.
My brother-in-law will not come back to our house again.
Biblical Greek Online. Laura Gibbs, Ph.D. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. You must give the original author credit. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one. Page last updated: November 28, 2005 12:50 PM